We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Human Resources Manager to assist in all elements of the human resources function. This position is physically based at our home office in Santa Monica, CA.
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Competitive salary including merit-based bonus plan
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company-funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including: PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401K with matching Company contributions
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other and superior customer service
What you’ll bE DOING:
- Supports initiatives and directives handed down from the Director of Human Resources (HRD) and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
- Creates and maintains employee personnel and benefits records
- Assists with all elements of the hiring process including, but not limited to: job description development, job postings, screening interviews, background check processing, reference checking, creation and distribution of offer letters, and all other aspects of the on-boarding process. This includes proper processing of all independent contractors.
- Assists with all employee relations matters including confidential investigations and any subsequent documentation or meetings.
- Processes all terminations and any relevant “off-boarding” protocols.
- Responds to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Expedites annual Employee Trip Reduction plan survey and submits annual report.
- Assists with benefits administration including new enrollments, benefit changes, Cobra administration and all elements of the annual open enrollment process
- Responds to workers’ compensation claims and generates proper documentation
- Assists DHR with annual SOC audit response
- Acts as the point person for all employee relations events such as birthday celebrations, holiday party coordination and all other company-sponsored social activities.
- Communicates and responds to any state or federal wage and hour inquiries
- Assists in updating and maintaining all HR policies and acts as the subject matter expert for Sharepoint (Company intranet). Updates HR Sharepoint pages as may be necessary (ex. job postings, organizational chart changes, career progression path updates, independent contractor listings, etc.)
- Monitors all state and federal employment practice changes and updates company communication pieces as may be needed
- Assists in coordinating all in-house training programs and ensures proper compliance (OSHA, wage and hour, employment practices, EEOC, etc.)
- Completes employment verifications
- Performs other duties as may be needed and/or assigned
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- PHR or other HR certification preferred, but not mandatory
- Five (5) or more years experience in human resources management
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- General knowledge of Sharepoint administration is helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now platform helpful, but not mandatory
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to easily adjust to ever-changing department and/or business needs and work as a positive team player