We are currently seeking an Actuarial Consultant to work out of our Boca Raton, FL, Fort Worth, TX or Santa Monica, CA office. Full-time telecommuting will also be considered.
This role supports a Consulting Actuary in the completion of actuarial and multi-disciplinary consulting projects for insurance companies and self-insureds. The Actuarial Consultant’s’ responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, preparation of product pricing, competitor research, benchmarking analyses, rate filing support, reserving analyses and other miscellaneous projects for all property and casualty lines of business.
The Actuarial Consultant will work closely with a supervising Consulting Actuary and our other practice areas such as Product Design and State Filings. In addition, it is expected that this role will communicate and work directly with clients under appropriate supervision. This position will also be responsible for meeting various billing targets.
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Competitive salary including merit-based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company-funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including: PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401K with matching Company contributions
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other and superior customer service
What you’ll bE DOING:
- Updating reserve studies for new or additional years of data, including commerical and personal lines of business. This may include rate level indications, class plan analyses, benchmarking analyses, competitor rate comparisons, rate/rule and form filings, reserve analyses, self-insured analyses, funding studies and pro-formas.
- Performing tech reviews of formulas/data entry
- Performing competitive research including identifying targeted competitor filings and extracting key data items such as indicated vs. proposed rate-level changes, historical rate making data and rating plan relativities
- Extracting and/or summarizing annual statement data
- Preparing return on equity exhibits
- Completing actuarial transmittal forms in all U.S. jurisdictions for new program and rate change filings
- Updating rate/rule manual pages to reflect proposed/approved revisions
- Updating support for rate/rule filings
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BA or BS Degree
- 1-3 years working in the property and casualty industry
- General understanding of standard actuarial terms such as, loss ratio, ultimate losses, written premium, earned premium, on-level earned premium, frequency, severity, lost cost, etc.
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Completion of 1-3 actuarial exams
- Excellent or very high-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Visual Basic (macros) is a plus, but not required
- Ability to think creatively and imaginatively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with few conceptual, structural, technical or cosmetic errors