Perr&Knight’s Actuarial Practice is seeking to hire an accredited property & casualty consulting actuary to work in our Boca Raton, FL office.
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Competitive salary including merit based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other, and superior customer service
What you’ll be doing:
The Consulting Actuary will lead actuarial and multi-disciplinary consulting projects for insurance companies, program managers and Insurtechs. The Consulting Actuary’s responsibilities will include preparing and managing the completion of rate level indications, competitive research, rate/rule filing support and reserve analyses, as well as the development of pricing for new products.
Typical Activities Include:
- Performing peer reviews of analyses completed by other consultants
- Organizing/presenting competitive information in a meaningful format
- Preparing creative supporting exhibits for rate/rule filings, including preparing explanatory language
- Preparing rate/rule interrogatory responses
- Recommending solutions and/or alternatives to clients
- Corresponding directly with clients on project goals and results
- Preparing proposals for projects to meet clients’ needs
- Preparing polished, professional, clear reports to present results/information
- Keeping informed on industry trends, changes in actuarial techniques, etc.
- Invoicing clients
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 6+ years experience working as an actuary in the Property/Casualty industry
- Workers Compensation experience preferred
- Understanding of advanced actuarial concepts
- ACAS or FCAS credentials
- Excellent 2007 or 2010 Microsoft Excel and Word and Intermediate Microsoft Access skills.
- Ability to think creatively/imaginatively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects with deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete tasks with few conceptual/structural/technical/cosmetic errors